WHAT THE ROM™ DOES
- What and how much cargo is to be transported;
- What type of train is to be provided;
- Which route is to be taken; and
- Am I an operator, track authority, integrated railway or a hybrid of these?
- The amount of rolling stock, fuel and crews required;
- Track utilisation in terms of haulage and capacity used;
- Above-rail and below-rail cost; and
- Freight and track access revenues.
- Tables of physical inputs and outputs;
- Maps showing track utilisation, cost, and revenue by segments;
- Statements of capital, earnings and cash flow; and
- Facility to export data and results for bespoke analysis.
- Negotiation and investment evaluation;
- Annual and medium term business plans;
- Comparison between railway operational and infrastructure options; and
- Comparison with alternative transport modes.